I hope you are all keeping safe and well in these crazy unprecedented times?
As you will be aware, we have been closed since Friday 20th March although we did offer our takeaways over that weekend .
I’d like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for your support and to those who ordered takeaways and those that purchased ingredients from us, which helped us to reduce our stock and food waste.
It is of the upmost importance that both you and my staff are kept safe and well, therefore unfortunately I have decided to suspended our takeaways until further notice.|
I feel it is the safest thing to do whilst abiding to the latest guidelines about social distancing and reducing the risk of contracting Covid-19 and it will also protect the business as it isn’t financially viable for us to continue to offer takeaways or deliveries and it would inevitably result in food waste ,which brings me on to recipes!
I have been looking through some of our past recipes and thought it would be nice to share some of them with you ,as you can’t come to the restaurant to enjoy them, you may want to have a go at making them yourselves!?
The recipe I have chosen was part of a campaign that we took part in which was aimed at reducing household food waste, which is very appropriate given the current situation.
I will post more so if there are any recipes you would like me to share with you, or if you have any cookery questions, just let me know.
Feel free to post pictures of your creations on social media and tag us.
Together we will get through this and although the virus may keep us apart, it is kindness that will keep us together.
Stay safe and well.
Jersey Royal Potato, Parmesan, Bacon and Spinach Frittata
A frittata is a flat Italian Omelette, and is great way of utilizing what’s left in the fridge and as long as you have fresh, ideally free range eggs there is always plenty alternatives of what to add to it.
This recipe is drawn from my own experiences from our fridge at home, using seasonal ingredients, but don’t be afraid to change any of the ingredients. Below the recipe is some more suggestions for what else you can add to your frittata
Preparation Time-10 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes
- 25g Butter
- 225 g diced bacon or pancetta (5 rashers)
- 200 g (5½ oz) baby spinach leaves(or wild garlic,lots to be found if you know where to find it)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 300 g cooked Jersey Royals, sliced(or other new potatoes)
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs – any or a mix of all the following-thyme, tarragon, rosemary, chives, parsley. Great if you grow your own
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 g half-fat mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, preferably 20cm in diameter. Fry the bacon or pancetta, if using, until golden. Add the butter; Garlic diced potatoes, Spinach and half the spring onions, cooking for a few mins over a low heat.
- Preheat the grill.
- Beat the eggs, adding the Parmesan and Herbs. Season with the salt, pepper and chilli. Pour the eggs over the bacon and potatoes. Stir gently in the pan for a few mins, allowing the Frittata to cook over a very low heat until it begins to set, leaving just a moist surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining spring onions and Cheddar on top and warm under the grill until the top has set and the cheese melted.
- Cut the Frittata into wedges to serve with a nice crisp vine tomato salad dressed in balsamic vinegar and Olive Oil
Suggestions for some other store cupboard ingredients that can be used
Toulouse sausage– Remove skin, Chop into rough dice andFry first in tablespoon Olive oil
Chorizo, Bacon,Hams- Chop into rough dice Fry first in table spoon olive oil
Broccoli- Blanch florets first in boiling salted water then refresh in cold water
Mushrooms-all types, fried in Olive Oil or butter first
Peas-Defrost some frozen Petit Pois under hot water
Courgette-Just fry first in Olive oil
Pumpkin/Sweet Potato- dice and Bake or fry first till cooked
Tiger prawns-Cook in olive oil or if cooked just chop
Soft cheese-Goats cheese, ricotta, mascarpone, Philadelphia,Boursin- drop pieces on top before placing under the grill
Asparagus-, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces and fried in butter first until tender